All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed June 1, 2015
What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $8.50 for two adult tickets ($16 value)
- $17 for four adult tickets ($32 value)
- Click to see a list of special exhibitions.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 31, 2015. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The American Swedish Historical Museum
The American Swedish Historical Museum celebrates the cultural, artistic, architectural, musical, scientific, and technological contributions of the Swedish and Swedish-American peoples. Although the museum focuses the Delaware Valley's New Sweden colony of the 17th century, it also features contemporary contributions, preserving culture and tradition for future generations.
- Size: 12 permanent galleries, plus one gallery devoted to temporary exhibits.
- Eye Catcher: The recreated interior of a Swedish farmhouse—a stuga—which provides insight into the living conditions of immigrants who arrived in the mid to late 1800s.
- Permanent Mainstay: The balcony level's displays of wood block prints, oil paintings, watercolors, and handmade greeting cards, all by Swedish artist Sven Birger Sandzén.
- Don't Miss: An entire gallery dedicated to the beloved storybook character, Pippi Longstocking.
- The Building: Swedish-American architect John Nyden drew inspiration from Ericsbergs Slott—a 17th-century Swedish mansion—and George Washington's Mount Vernon. Sweden's Crown Prince personally placed the museum's cornerstone on June 2, 1926.