Choose Between Two Options
- $8.50 for two adult tickets ($16 value)
- $17 for four adult tickets ($32 value)
- Click to see a list of special exhibitions.
The American Swedish Historical Museum
The American Swedish Historical Museum celebrates the cultural, artistic, architectural, musical, scientific, and technological contributions of the Swedish and Swedish-American peoples. Although the museum focuses the Delaware Valley's New Sweden colony of the 17th century, it also features contemporary contributions, preserving culture and tradition for future generations.
- Size: 12 permanent galleries, plus one gallery devoted to temporary exhibits.
- Eye Catcher: The recreated interior of a Swedish farmhouse—a stuga—which provides insight into the living conditions of immigrants who arrived in the mid to late 1800s.
- Permanent Mainstay: The balcony level's displays of wood block prints, oil paintings, watercolors, and handmade greeting cards, all by Swedish artist Sven Birger Sandzén.
- Don't Miss: An entire gallery dedicated to the beloved storybook character, Pippi Longstocking.
- The Building: Swedish-American architect John Nyden drew inspiration from Ericsbergs Slott—a 17th-century Swedish mansion—and George Washington's Mount Vernon. Sweden's Crown Prince personally placed the museum's cornerstone on June 2, 1926.