Choose from Five Options
- $10 for admission for two ($20 value)
- $19 for admission for four ($40 value)
- $12 for family admission ($25 value)
- $29 for a household annual membership ($60 value)
- $19 for an individual annual membership ($40 value)
The Fells Historic Estate and Gardens
After serving as private secretary to Abraham Lincoln, ambassador to Great Britain, and secretary of state under Presidents William McKinley and Theodore Roosevelt, John Milton Hay sought a quiet retirement. So, in 1888, he began acquiring farmland in rural New Hampshire. There he built a glorious estate complete with a colonial revival home, gardens, and woodland stretching across 1,000 acres.
Today, you can tour the stories expanses of that very property. Walk through the decorated 22-room home to get a feeling for what life was like at the turn of the century or explore the garden to see a variety of roses, perennial plants, and flowering trees. There are also nature trails that criss-cross the Fells' 83 acres of land, inviting locals and visitors alike to lose themselves in the woods.