The best photographers rise to the top by practicing, while second-best photographers rise to the top by shooting blackmail photos of the first-best. Snap like a champ with today’s Groupon to Thompson Photography Group at the Wellington Club House. Choose between the following options:
- For $69, you get an introductory Photography 101 class (a $195 value). The following class dates are currently scheduled:
- Friday, January 6, 2012, from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Friday, January 13, 2012, from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Sunday, January 22, 2012, from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Saturday, January 28, 2012, from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- For $79, you get a Photography 102 “Oh Snap” class (a $250 value). The following class dates are currently scheduled:
- Saturday, January 21 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday, January 27 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The self-taught imagesmiths of Thompson Photography Group passionately pass on tips, tricks, and techniques for artful smile snapping during 2.5- and 3-hour digital SLR photography classes. During Photography 101 classes, the professional photographers run camera owners through the ins and outs of their equipment, dispensing knowledge on proper composition, exposure adjustments, and shooting scenes under natural light in indoor, outdoor, and extraterrestrial environments. The instructors dish equipment and lens recommendations and provide guidance as students practice taking photographs in multiple scenarios. Additionally, Thompson Photography arms each student with a helpful photography guide to refer to when practicing at home or attending a dinner party at the Kodak factory.
Students already equipped with a basic understanding of their DSLR camera’s aperture, ISO, and shutter speed and are comfortable shooting in manual mode can partake in an “Oh Snap” Photography 102 class, which introduces shutterbugs to model and subject posing during a live photo shoot. Students will learn when and how to use a flash and hone basic post-processing and image editing skills, so they can finally remove the spectral image of James K. Polk that appears in every photo. Consult Thompson Photography Group’s schedule for additional classes as they become available.