Choose Between Two Options
- $45 for a wine tasting for two ($90 value)
- $89 for a wine tasting for four ($180 value)
The wine-tasting experience includes the following per person:
- Tasting of up to five wines each
- One souvenir wine glass each
- One bottle of Tomasello wine each (up to $25 value)
- One membership in the Tomasello Preferred Case Club each
- One voucher for $20 off of giftware purchases of $100 or more at Tomasello Winery at the Historic Lambertville House
Tomasello Winery at the Historic Lambertville House
In February of 1933, berry farmer Frank Tomasello needed to make it from New Jersey to Washington, DC, and he wasn't going to let a blizzard get in his way. Prohibition had just been repealed, and Frank owned land in what would become one of the finest wine-growing regions in the country—he needed a winery license. Frank and his truck battled through the snow without slowing, and he ended up being one of the very first in line. Back in New Jersey, it wasn't long before the wine barrels began to roll out of Tomasello Winery.
Today, the winery is in the hands of the third-generation Tomasello family. They've expanded in both acreage and vine variety over the years; the 70-acre vineyard now sustains more than 30 different grape species, from classic French hybrids to rare Native American varietals. This lets the winemakers bottle some unusual flavors, including the Outer Coastal Plain Rkatsiteli, a spicy wine with underlying hints of pear. At the opposite end of the spectrum comes the Tomasello Almonique, made from semi-sweet Native American grapes flavored with almond and vanilla. The resulting wine tastes similar to amaretto liqueur, though it lacks the sharp bite of alcohol or anything with incisors.