From Our Editors
Georgetown Brewing Company: A User’s Guide
- The signature beer: Manny's Pale Ale—made with Northwest hops, premium barley, and the brewery’s own yeast
- A darker choice: Georgetown Porter—medium-bodied with lots of chocolate flavor
- Rotating brew: Lazy George—a scotch ale brewed with English Fawcett barley
The Beer: No bottles. No cans. Georgetown Brewing Company specializes in draft beer only. That means your options inside the brewery’s retail shop are limited to kegs or growlers. But if you’re lucky, you might get to sample the brewery’s latest beer before it’s released.
Kegs by the Numbers
- 4 beers available in kegs
- $0 to rent a keg (deposit required)
- 15.5-gallon keg capacity
When to Go:On Saturdays, when the brewery hosts tours.
Inside Tip: Check this list of area festivals, concerts, and other events where Georgetown Brewing Company’s beers will be on tap.
While You’re in the Neighborhood
Before: Flip through comics at Fantagraphics Books (1201 S. Vale Street).
After: Order lunch at Lect’s Soup Stop (5327 Denver Avenue S.), a small takeout restaurant with an ever-changing selection of housemade soups.
If You Can’t Make It, Try This: One of the many bars in the area that have Georgetown Brewery Company on draft; for example, 9 Pound Hammer (6009 Airport Way S) showcases the Georgetown Porter.