This course is for students that have a background in drawing, but little to no painting experience. Drawings serve as the foundation for ac
What You'll Get
This course is for students that have a background in drawing, but little to no painting experience. Drawings serve as the foundation for acquiring new painting skills and students are encouraged to develop their own ideas and goals with instructor guidance. Skills such as line, volume, space, materiality, form and function, and palette are explored through both drawing and painting. A variety of traditional and contemporary materials are used, and may include graphite, charcoal, pastels, water-based paints, mixed media, and/or collage.
Trips to the Art Institute of Chicago and discussions of practicing artists will supplement the studio experience and encourage inspiration and development of concepts in student artworks. By the end of the course, students have greater knowledge of materials options and acquire the ability to transition from drawing to painting.
This course is recommended for both beginners and those wanting to improve and develop their current abilities. This is a great prep course for Painting Studio.
- Figure Drawing, Figure Painting, Painting, and Drawing courses may use nude models hired by the School. Other classes may use them to a lesser degree.
- After enrolling for any children's classes, CourseHorse will reach out to you with additional paperwork which must be completed in order to stay enrolled in the classes. If you'd like to get a head start on the children's class consent form which is mandatory or the allergy forms which are optional, you can access them HERE
A leader in educating artists, designers, and scholars since 1866, the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) offers nationally accredited degree programs as well as Continuing Studies programs for adults and children, ages 4-18. Considered one of the most influential art and design schools in the world, SAIC has continuing studies programs available to all skill levels. Students develop their creative and critical abilities while working with renowned faculty, utilizing state-of-the-art resources, and visiting the breath-taking galleries at the Art Institute of Chicago.
Class Starting Sunday, February 16
- Sunday, February 16, 2:00PM- 5:00PM
- Sunday, February 23, 2:00PM- 5:00PM
- Sunday, March 01, 2:00PM- 5:00PM
- Sunday, March 08, 2:00PM- 5:00PM
- Sunday, March 15, 2:00PM- 5:00PM
- Sunday, March 22, 2:00PM- 5:00PM
- Sunday, March 29, 2:00PM- 5:00PM
- Sunday, April 05, 2:00PM- 5:00PM
- Sunday, April 12, 2:00PM- 5:00PM
- Sunday, April 19, 2:00PM- 5:00PM
- Sunday, April 26, 2:00PM- 5:00PM
- Sunday, May 03, 2:00PM- 5:00PM
Building and room: Columbus 323
Course number 2408
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Drawing and Painting classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, School of the Art Institute of Chicago, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 3, 2020.