24/7 gym filled with cardio and weight machines hosts classes such as yoga, Power Pump, Pilates, and Spin
About This Deal
Choose from Six Options
- $15 for a one-month gym membership for one person ($30 value)
- $19 for a one-month gym membership and unlimited yoga classes for one person ($40 value)
- $22 for a one-month family gym membership ($45 value)
- $42 for a three-month gym membership for one person ($90 value)
- $55 for a three-month gym membership and unlimited yoga classes for one person ($120 value)
- $65 for a three-month family gym membership ($135 value)
Gym memberships include 24/7 access to cardio and weight equipment and fitness classes such as:
- Power Pump
About David M. Collins WellHealth Center at Abilene Regional Medical Center
Equipment: Ellipticals, treadmills, recumbent bikes, steppers, spin, Nautilus, free weights
Students should bring: Bottle of water, Yoga mat for yoga and pilates
Average class length: 60 minutes
Number of Staff: 1–5 people
Class location: Indoors only
Registration required: Yes
Good for beginners: Yes
Guests allowed: Yes
Parking: Parking lot
Q&A with Jon Yarbrough, Director
Exercise is challenging, and people frequently give up on their fitness routines. How do you keep clients motivated?
We try to provide a personal training environment that you do not have to pay extra for. We want our clients to have all their questions answered, and [we want to] be a resource for them.
Do you believe in the maxim, "No pain, no gain”? Why or why not?
No. We follow the standards set by the American College of Sports Medicine, and the American Heart Association that moderate levels of exercise are extremely beneficial. If you are constantly hurting, you will not continue, so we want our clients to find a healthy balance of working hard enough to get benefits, but not overtraining.