Artistic expression can take the form of a vibrant painting, a decapitated sculpture, or front-yard hedges trimmed into the shape of longing. Let creativity blossom with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $55 for a glass-art class for one (up to a $200 value)
- $89 for a glass-art class for two (up to a $400 value)
- $149 for a private glass-art class for up to four (up to an $800 value)<p>
Each option is valid for one of the following classes:
- Large sculptured glass vase
- Two dichroic glass zipper pulls for jackets, backpacks, etc.
- Two dichroic pendants with bails
- Etched brass or copper unisex bracelet<p>
During each three-hour workshop, students create original glass works by fusing glass, working with molds, cutting glass, and firing up a 1,300-degree kiln. Students pick up their finished pieces a day or two after the class. All materials and supplies are provided.<p>
Designs by Sylvanye Glass Studio
Tending fires of 1,300 degrees, the artisans of Designs by Sylvanye Glass Studio create jewelry, glass art, and dishware from molten materials. Their students, who range from aged 8 to adult, learn to use cutting systems, grinding equipment, and designing tools as they build their own pieces in a safe and supportive environment.
For inspiration or purchase, shelves and shelves of luminescent custom designs inhabit the studio's gallery and workspaces. The school also keeps independent artisans supplied with innovative products, including the pint-size MicroKiln, designed for use in a standard microwave oven.