- $99 for a year of Friends’ Society membership to the Greenville Zoo (up to $125 value) and a limited edition t-shirt from Loggerhead Apparel ($30 value; $155 total value)
Membership features include:
- A year of zoo admission for two adults living at the same address, their accompany kids or grandkids, and up to four guests
- Ten additional guest tickets
- Early sign-up and discounts on education programs, including zoo camp
- Free or discounted admission to special events such as Hot Dog Day and Boo in the Zoo
- Free or discounted admission to zoos around the country
Greenville Zoo Foundation
Friends of the Greenville Zoo is an independent nonprofit organization, dedicated to supporting the Greenville Zoo through fundraising, advocacy and marketing.
Set on 14 acres within Cleveland Park, the Greenville Zoo houses more than 350 animals in recreated terrestrial habitats. The walking trails typically take between 60 and 90 minutes to tour, guiding guests to creatures such as lions, orangutans, and leopards. Giant tortoises lumber along to the delight of kids watching, and just down the path, giraffes curl their black tongues around clusters of leaves.
Through their accreditation from the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, zookeepers uphold high standards in animal care, from maintaining realistic habitats to ensuring animals eat what they would in the wild. These AZA standards extend through other parts of the zoo's operations as well, including its educational programming and conservation efforts—the Quarters for Conservation initiative raises funds for local and global conservation programs.
To ensure that visits are relaxing and convenient, the zoo grounds include two playgrounds and several picnic facilities. The surrounding Cleveland Park affords further recreation such as walking paths and tennis courts.