Hotel at a Glance: Francis Scott Key Family Resort
At this family-friendly Ocean City resort, kids can zoom down a water slide and splash into a pool surrounded by faux palm trees. The indoor theme pool stays at a comfy 82 degrees all year round.
- Minutes from Ocean City boardwalk: National Geographic named it one of America’s best.
- Notable nod: TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and ranked #25 in TripAdvisor’s list of the Top 25 Hotels for Families in the US.
- Family-friendly fun: In addition to the indoor theme pool, the resort has an arcade.
- Spacious accommodations Guest rooms can accommodate up to six people, including infants and children.
- In-room entertainment: Rent complimentary DVDs and board games or grab a book from the lending library and kick back in front of the lounge’s fireplace.
Ocean City, Maryland: Family-Friendly Boardwalk next to the Atlantic
Along Ocean City’s century-old boardwalk, you can savor wild-caught blue crab, play old-fashioned arcade games, and watch candy makers spin colorful saltwater taffy. The lively boardwalk, which stretches for 3 miles along Maryland’s eastern shore, helped earn Ocean City a spot on USA Today’s list of the “10 great places to have some fun on a boardwalk.” Kids can ride a ferris wheel and climb aboard one of the country’s oldest carousels at Trimper’s Amusement Park, a family-owned theme park open for more than 100 years.
Assateague Island National Seashore—a 37-mile stretch of salt marshes running from Ocean City down to Virginia—offers a peaceful reprieve from the boardwalk’s constant activity. The island’s famous wild horses gallop on the shores, and you can climb up a vintage, candy-striped lighthouse, or hike the seaside forests to spot birds, including great horned owls, ruby-crowned kinglets, and great blue herons.