What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a king room or two-double room
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in a two-double room
When you book a top-secret hotel, you’re guaranteed a name-brand property with a rating of 3 stars or higher in the neighborhood we specify. We’ll let you know the name and exact address of your top-secret hotel after you purchase the deal: Look in the redemption instructions for this deal, found in your account and on your email confirmation.
Hotel at a Glance: 3.5-Star Top Secret LA Hotel
This hotel was built in 1926 by architects Albert R. Walker and Percy A. Eisen, the same duo who designed LA’s Beverly Wilshire hotel and Fine Arts Building. A multimillion-dollar renovation has returned the hotel to its Jazz Age splendor; construction crews pried open decades-old skylights to allow natural light back in, and the original terrazzo has been restored in the lobby.
- 1920s glamour characterizes the lobby, from the original flooring to the art-deco-inspired stone fireplace, velvet couches, and lavish chandelier.
- In-room amenities: flat-screen TV and free WiFi
- Notable guest: British author Malcolm Lowry wrote Under the Volcano while staying at the hotel in the 1930s.
- Nearby attraction: The hotel is 3 miles from LA’s Museum Row, where you can find the massive and critically acclaimed Los Angeles County Museum of Art, home to more than 100,000 works.
- Eat at Cassell’s: More than a hamburger stand, the hotel’s onsite restaurant features a classic ’50s breakfast menu, coffee bar, housemade sodas, and a fully stocked bar.
Wilshire District, Los Angeles: Shopping, Restaurants, and Museum Row
Wilshire Boulevard runs for 15 miles through Los Angeles, ending at Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica. There are dozens of restaurants and boutiques along the boulevard. Museum Row is also located on the Boulevard, in the so-called Miracle Mile between Fairfax Boulevard and La Brea Boulevard. Four of Los Angeles’ most notable institutions are clustered here: The Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the Craft and Folk Art Museum, and the Petersen Automotive Museum. Preserved Ice Age fossils of mammoths, dire wolves, and saber-toothed tigers are on display at the Page, all of which were excavated by paleontologists at the neighboring La Brea Tar Pits.
The bright lights of Hollywood aren’t too far away. The cemented handprints of Tinseltown celebs, including Marilyn Monroe and John Wayne, are on the sidewalk in front of the iconic TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly known as Grauman’s Chinese Theatre). You can experience the movies firsthand at Universal Studios Hollywood. Its interactive thrill rides are inspired by classic and contemporary films such as King Kong, Jurassic Park, and Transformers.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: valet available for an additional $32 plus tax per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: one dog under 25 lbs. may be added for an additional $50 per stay.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Valet only, total fee per car per night is $38.50.
- Complimentary WiFi
- Complimentary bottled water in guest rooms
- Concierge services
- Complimentary daily wine reception
- Full-service gym within walking distance
- Pet-friendly (additional fees)
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Valet only, total fee per car per night is $38.50
- The name and address of the Top-Secret hotel will be provided via email upon purchase
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About 3.5-Star Top Secret LA Hotel
- Nearest airport: Los Angeles International (LAX; 20 miles)
- Cab fare: about $55 from LAX, including a 15% tip