This classic downtown hotel and casino shows off Vegas’s hidden side with gaming, shows, and a glimmering pool
Plaza Hotel & Casino
Located in the heart of downtown Las Vegas, the Plaza Hotel and Casino combines a vintage Rat Pack attitude with modern styling for a unique Vegas experience. Built on the site of the original Las Vegas railroad depot, it fist opened its doors in 1971 and now boasts over a thousand updated rooms and suites with a classic Vegas showroom, downtown’s only bingo hall, and 30,000 square feet of renovated ballroom and meeting space. It treats guests to a variety of dining selections led by the Rat Pack-styled Oscar’s steakhouse in the hotel’s iconic glass dome overlooking the Fremont Street Experience. It Operating hundreds of slot machines—from the latest games to traditional coin machines—and nearly two dozen table games on its 80,000-square-foot casino floor, it’s also home to downtown’s largest race and sports book. It provides guests with a host of outdoor amenities, from a renovated rooftop pool and recreation deck, complete with private cabanas, to a hot tub, food truck, tennis court, and dedicated Pickleball courts.
- Chill out at the Pool at the Plaza, which boasts amenities ranging from rentable cabanas and lily pad day beds to a 12-person hot tub and onsite food truck.
- Try your luck at the casino, where games include slots, table games, and the only bingo room in the neighborhood. There’s also an OTB and sports book for placing wagers. This deal includes $10 slot play and two drink vouchers per room per stay.
- Eat and drink at eight restaurants and bars, including an upscale steakhouse, swanky cocktail bar, and food court with fast favorites. Enjoy two regular coffees at the Coffee bar included with your stay.
- That’s entertainment: The hotel welcomes live shows, including performers, entertainers, and bands. If you seek more adrenaline-pumping experience, opt for seasonal events such as Demolition Derby.
- Enhanced cleaning: All staff have been educated in proper social distancing protocols and cleaning techniques to prevent the spread of viruses; Over 25 hand sanitizing stations have been added to our casino and convention floor to ensure a safe and clean experience.
- Physical Distancing: Our Hotel and Casino has marked all high traffic areas for social distancing; Team members will be required to wear protective equipment while on property to ensure the safety of staff and guests; Masks are available to all Hotel and Casino patrons upon request.
Beyond the Las Vegas Strip: Old Vegas and Red Rock Canyon
It can feel like the entire city of Las Vegas revolves around the Strip if you never venture beyond that neon-lit corridor. But there’s plenty to see and do once you step off Las Vegas Boulevard. You can find a taste of Old Vegas on Fremont Street, where vintage signs and showgirls crowned with headdresses recall the days of Sinatra and Martin. Beginning at dusk, a canopy of more than 12 million LED lights erupts in a psychedelic light-and-music show every hour. For an aerial view, zoom down the center of Fremont Street on a zipline.
Nature puts on its own show at Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, a landscape of fiery-red sandstone formations and limestone cliffs just 17 miles outside the city. Motor down the 13-mile scenic drive or ditch the car and strike out on any of more than 20 hiking trails that course through the region’s otherworldly topography.