All-Inclusive Oceanfront Resort with 13 Pools
The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort is situated along a 1.5-mile stretch of Cofresi Beach on the north coast of the Dominican Republic. The property has 13 swimming pools, each with slightly different features ranging from palm-tree-speckled islands to gradual entry designed to mimic a beach. You can spend your days lounging in the breezy beachfront cabanas or riding atop or beneath the waves with free kayaks, snorkeling equipment, and boogie boards.
Mediterranean influences can be found throughout the sprawling property. Cobblestone walkways wind between three-story buildings with spanish-tile roofs and grand curved staircases. With the all-inclusive package, you’ll have your pick of two buffet restaurants, one VIP sports bar, and nine specialty restaurants with cuisine that varies from Italian to Asian fusion to authentic Dominican.
The hotel’s Los Mangos executive golf course has nine holes spread across lush greens jutting out over the sea. Basketball, tennis, and beach-volleyball courts are also sprinkled across the grounds. Come nightfall, you can party at the onsite Ice Nightclub or opt for entertainment at one of the hotel’s two theaters—Colosseum and Lights, Camera, Action.
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic: Waterfalls, Beaches, and Centuries-Old Historical Sites
Situated on the northern coast of the Dominican Republic, Puerto Plata is best known for its sun-kissed beaches. But the province has several breathtaking geographical features inland as well. Damajagua is a natural water park of sorts—it features 27 waterfalls flowing from limestone rock formations. Tour guides lead groups through the falls, and you can swim and occasionally slide down the natural water slides.
You can get an aerial view of Puerto Plata and the Caribbean Sea on a teleférico, or cable car. One of them climbs 2,565 feet to the apex of Mount Isabel de Torres, which is crowned with blooming botanical gardens and a replica of Rio de Janeiro's massive Christ the Redeemer statue. It's also worth it to take a scenic drive to Parque Histórico La Isabela, where you'll find the remains of a church as well as ruins of a colonial village where Columbus routinely woke his neighbors by blasting the Santa Maria's foghorn.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What kind of “local beers and spirits” are included in this all-inclusive VIP package? The local beer usually on draft is Presidente and the spirits available in this VIP package include popular premium or top shelf liquors.
2. How much for WiFi? WiFi is an additional fee and can be purchased in packages of hours or minutes from the front desk. For instance, a 25-hour package would cost $25.
3. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The property is about 16 miles (26 km) from Gregorio Luperón International Airport (POP). Cab fare is about $54 from the airport.
4. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests, and the valid room types have a maximum occupancy of four. Additional kids aged 0-3 stay free, and each additional kids aged 4-11 is $20 per night. Additional guests 12 or older stay for $82 per person per night.
5. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
6. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this Groupon.
7. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Reservations are required for dinner at most non-buffet restaurants. Long pants for men may be required for the reservation only restaurants. For all buffets and most other restaurants, casual dress is appropriate.