What You Get
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
- Call Gate 1 Travel at (800) 682-3333 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
- All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional $350 fee to travel solo.
- Taxes: Tax included.
- Additional fees: Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier.
Know Before You Go
- A passport is required for all travel outside the US
- Passports must be valid for at least six months after the date of travel and contain at least two blank visa pages.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department’s website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
- Official language: Icelandic
- Currency: Icelandic króna
- Buy one Groupon per adult
Gate 1 Travel: 75,000+ Groupon travelers served since 2012.
5-Day Iceland Vacation
Despite Iceland’s name and northerly location, much of the country’s landscape is carpeted in greenery. This vacation puts you in Reykjavík, the world’s northernmost capital city. For the most part, there’s no set itinerary, so you can spend most of the vacation exploring at your own pace. However, an excursion to see one of our favorite Icelandic sights is included—an evening northern lights tour allows visitors to witness the physics phenomenon known as Aurora borealis. This vacation from Gate 1 Travel includes:
Flights & Transportation
- Round-trip airfare from Boston (BOS) or New York City
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Gate 1 Travel at (800) 682-3333.
- Airline and flight times determined at time of booking
- Airport transfers are available to book for $30/person, per transfer
Hotels (3 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 3 nights of accommodations at Hotel Arnarhvoll, 22 Hill Hotel, Fosshotel Lind, the four-star Fosshotel Reykjavik, the four-star Grand Hotel Reykjavik, the four-star Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, Hotel Plaza, Reykjavik Lights Hotel, or Storm Hotel in Reykjavík
- Daily breakfast (excluding Day 2; available for an additional cost of approximately US$15–$30 per person)
- Nighttime northern lights tour (Day 2, if weather conditions are suitable)
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- 2.5-hour Reykjavík city tour (Day 2; $46/person), with views of the Hallgrímskirkja church, the old town center, and the new Harpa Concert Hall
- Half-day experience at the Blue Lagoon (Day 3; $130/person), where you can wade in mineral-rich waters that reach temperatures of 100–100°F
- Full-day Golden Circle tour (Day 4; $105/person), which visits Gullfoss waterfall, Thingvellir National Park, and Iceland’s geothermal geysers
How to Book
1. Choose departure city and dates from drop-down menus or “See Options” button.
2. Complete your order; a confirmation email is sent after your order processes.
3. Book your trip: Go to the My Groupons section of your account and select View Voucher for Gate 1 Travel contact and redemption instructions. Book by 3/28/17.
Each person must buy a Groupon; price is based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. Additional $350 fee to travel solo.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Airfare is available from Boston (BOS) or the New York City metro area. The departure airport (JFK, EWR, or LGA) will be advised at the time of booked based on availability. The supplemental fee to depart from a city that isn’t included is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you may extend your trip for a supplemental fee at the time of booking.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? Children under 12 do not need a Groupon voucher. Contact Gate 1 Travel directly at (800) 682-3333 for child fares. Different occupancy arrangements may be requested with Gate 1 Travel at the time of reservation.
- Promotional value expires Mar 28, 2017. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 3/28/17 or promo value expires
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Reservation required, inclusions/airfare/airline subject to availability
- Additional fees may apply for some departure dates
- $200/person fee to cancel; 61-day notice or fee of 50% of the Groupon price applies; 31-day notice or fee of 90% of the Groupon price applies; 2-day notice or fee up to the Groupon price applies
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- Not all tours are handicapped accessible, please contact Gate 1 Travel at (800) 682-3333 to confirm
- Check the State Department’s website for entry/exit requirements
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S
- $350 fee to travel solo
- Motor coaches are not accessible for wheelchairs, walkers, or motorized scooters.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.