During the Everglades airboat tour, visitors can watch alligators, turtles, snakes, and exotic birds in their natural habitat
About This Deal
- What’s included:
- Admission to Gator Park
- Airboat tour through everglades national park
- Wildlife show that includes a presentation of the barehanded technique originally used by the Seminole Indians to handle alligators and protect oneself in case of a close encounter with these reptiles. The presentation showcases the strength and agility of gators.
- Airboat departure times: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., daily; tours depart every 30 minutes
- Last wildlife show takes place at 4:30 p.m.
- Last airboat departure takes place at 5 p.m.
- Departure location: Gator Park, 24050 SW 8th St.
- Free admission for children aged 1–5
- $5 national park entrance fee applies per person, except for children under 16, active duty military, and seniors
- Subject to availability
- What to bring: camera/video camera
About Gator Park
Hidden deep inside the everglades national park lies a rich environment filled with everything from American crocodiles to white-tailed deer. Gator Park offers visitors a chance to witness these creatures up close during propeller-powered airboat rides where experienced guides offer tips on where to spot some of the more than 200,000 alligators that call the area home. After zipping through the tall grass, they swing back to the park where guests can check out the wildlife show while adventurous souls can even hold a baby gator.
- The Animals: proving to be not just gator watching, the tours also feature hundreds of species of birds, snakes, and more
- Tours: small boat charters give visitors a great chance at being approached by gators and other animals
- Dining at the Park: delicacies such as alligator tail and frog legs dot the menu while standard fare including burgers and hot dogs offer something a little less adventurous deep inside everglades national park.