What You'll Get
- 11th Annual Oyster Crawfish Festival with Cowboy Mouth
- When: Saturday, March 29, at 2 p.m.
- Where: Park Tavern
- Door time: 2 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Ticketing Options * $22 for one VIP ticket (up to $50 value) * $30 for two VIP tickets (up to $100 value)
VIP perks include special VIP entrance, private bar with drink service, VIP seating area with pub tables and leather couches, access to private restrooms, and a meet and greet with Cowboy Mouth.
11th Annual Oyster Crawfish Festival with Cowboy Mouth
Cowboy Mouth performing "All American Man" Warning: contains a dirty word
- The sights: oysters and crawfish
- The smells: oysters and crawfish
- Is this New Orleans?: nope, but the food and music are Big Easy staples
- Headlining musical act with the power to shuck all unshucked oysters: Cowboy Mouth
- Live: the best way to experience Cowboy Mouth without stowing away in their guitar cases
- Why?: their shows are the stuff of legend, inspiring many live albums and a dedicated following who often throw plastic cutlery
- 2011: year Cowboy Mouth was inducted into the Louisiana Music Hall of Fame
- “Jenny Says”: the signature song that dominated MTV and shot up the charts in 1997
- Red spoons: the objects typically tossed onto the stage by fans during “Everybody Loves Jill”
- Notable former member: Daily Show correspondent and Ellen sibling Vance DeGeneres
- Other musical acts performing: rockers Heavy Mojo and Sugar on the Dashboard
The Park Tavern combines the historical grandeur of a century-old locale with the forward-thinking practices of a modern, eco-friendly restaurant. Some of the original woodwork and stone from its past life remains, chronicling the building’s history as a horse stable in 1905, a golf clubhouse in 1928, and a space shuttle in 1969. The Tavern’s current layout contains an elegant events space, a dining room with an outdoor terrace, an ice-skating rink, and a live music and festival venue that features the annual Oyster Crawfish Festival.
Adopting green habits, the Tavern’s owners developed a rainwater-recycling system to feed its plants and water its landscape, and switched to low-flow plumbing and LEED-certified hand dryers. Its concern for the environment extends to its menu as well: locally harvested ingredients and wild-caught fish support coastal communities and local farms while simultaneously ensuring each plate contains quality, eco-friendly fare. The lineup of dishes includes sushi rolls brimming with sashimi-grade Hawaiian tuna and meaty burgers bursting with fresh-ground Angus beef or great range bison, all of which can be paired with a house microbrew.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 29, 2014. Limit 4 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on 3/29 for a ticket at venue. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Park Tavern. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Park Tavern's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open at 2 p.m. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Must be 18 or older. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.