Live music can set the mood on a cruise and overpower the sound of curse words that whales have incorporated into their songs after centuries of hanging out with sailors. Take in less salty tunes with this Groupon.
- One ticket to the Allen City Blues Festival
- When: Saturday, July 27, at 2 p.m.
- Where: Allen Event Center
- Door time: 1 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $21 for one ticket for seating in sections 102 or 118 (up to a $41.95 value)
- $26 for one ticket for seating in sections 102 or 118, plus a commemorative poster (up to a $51.95 value)
- $29 for one ticket for seating in sections 103 or 117 (up to a $56.38 value)
- $34 for one ticket for seating in sections 103 or 117, plus a commemorative poster (up to a $66.38 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
How to use your G-Pass: you can enter the venue directly without redeeming your Groupon at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes must be printed out and presented in person at the event. They cannot be redeemed through Groupon’s mobile app.
Eric Johnson recently told [Pure Guitar Magazine](http://gr.pn/15JXsLd) that, when he’s preparing to play his best, he has to find the peace within himself, because “at that point, you’re available for any nuances of magic that are bombarding us 24 hours a day anyhow – we’re just too busy talking or distracted to hear it or feel it or see it.” Perhaps it was this search for the sublime that was the genesis for his 1990 platinum-selling album, Ah Via Musicom, whose best-known single, “Cliffs of Dover,” secured Johnson a Grammy Award and recognition as one of the most talented guitarists of all time. When the Austin-native slips into the strap of his Fender Stratocaster, audiences are sure to be entertained by the pleasurable dichotomy of his emotionally attuned melodies and finger-curling soloes.
####Billy Cox Band of Gypsies Experience
Few bassists can claim to have been part of a formative group that shaped the history of rock and roll, and fewer still can claim two groups. Billy Cox is one such bassist, an Army buddy of Jimi Hendrix who would go on to pluck in both The Jimi Hendrix Experience and the Band of Gypsys. During his current tour, Billy Cox revisits such hits from his Woodstock days as “Red House,” as well as the funky strains of “Freedom.”
####The Wanda King All Star Revue Band featuring Joey Love
Daughter to famed guitarist and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member Freddie King, Wanda King maintains her father's legacy with her own gold-plated pipes. Guitarist Joey Love returns from a solo set to back up Wanda’s soulful crooning.