What You'll Get
- $40 for one general-admission ticket to three performances of your choice (up to $83 value)
- $75 for one general-admission ticket to six performances of your choice (up to $156 value)
- $140 for a 2015–2016 season subscription (up to $288 value)
- Each performance includes a pre-show discussion with a complimentary drink, and a post-show meet-the-artists champagne reception
- Click to view the schedule of performances
- Polly Pocket: Expansion Pack (September 11–12): An exploration of the relationship and private worlds of young lovers, Jillian Peña’s “uncannily inviting” dance drama “left the mind churning with questions about the self and the body and what it takes to make them feel complete,” according to the New York Times.
- Walking with ‘Trane (September 25–26): Celebrated dance company Urban Bush Women dive into the life and sound of John Coltrane in their multidisciplinary performance. The dancers, joined by three musicians and projections, explore the jazz legend’s work through experimental movement and an original score.
- BIG DANCE: SHORT FORM (November 6–8): Big Dance Theater draws inspiration from various short-form mediums, from poetry to love letters and text messages, for an evening of works that revel in brevity. Expect lots of mixed media—as the New York Times once wrote, “It’s hard to do justice to the freewheeling brilliance of Big Dance Theater’s combination of dance, theater, video and idiosyncratic imagination; suffice it to say you should see the work of Annie-B Parson and Paul Lazar whenever possible.”
- Click to read about the rest of the season
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 30, 2016. Amount paid never expires. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required, call (855) 263-2623 after purchase. Subject to availability. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Ticket value includes all fees. Valid only at listed location. Not valid October 23-24. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About American Dance Institute
They started as a dance school, but in 2010, the American Dance Institute transformed. The shift resulted from the gaps they saw in the world of American contemporary dance. Simply put, the art form had gotten too safe. So the ADI reemerged as not only a presenter of groundbreaking performances, but an incubator for the great work of the future. Since then, they've hosted some of the country's most celebrated artists through their performance series, from the rigorous, aggressive tap of Dorrance Dance to Urban Bush Women, who bring stories of the disenfranchised to light through their evocative choreography. Adventurous troupes such as these have earned the ADI plenty of praise, with the Washington Post, heralding the non-profit as "the region’s leading edge of edge."