Some pro sports assign jersey numbers by position; others give everyone the number 1 because they are all #1 in their coach’s heart. Everyone’s a winner with this GrouponLive deal.
- $17 for one ticket to an Atlanta Silverbacks match, plus one beer or soda (up to a $4.50 value for the drink; up to a $29.65 total value)
- Where: Atlanta Silverbacks Park
- Seating: Sections 105, 302–303, or 307–308
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Opponents and Dates
- Against FC Edmonton on Saturday, June 8, at 7:30 p.m.
- Against the Tampa Bay Rowdies on Saturday, June 22, at 7:30 p.m.
- Against the Carolina Railhawks on Saturday, August 10, at 7:30 p.m.<p>
Though the Silverbacks sometimes offer a discounted price online, this Groupon is still the best deal available.<p>
The Scouting Report
On May 25, for the first time since joining the NASL, the Silverbacks became the sole owners of first place in the league standings. This franchise milestone came from the foot of forward Danny Barrera. With just four minutes left in a tight match against the San Antonio Scorpions, Barrera pounced on a loose ball in the penalty area and rifled off a shot. Despite it’s lack of a compass and map, that shot found the back of the net for a 1–0 victory that earned his team the top spot in the league and earned Barrera “Player of the Week” honors.
Up until his death in 2000, Willie B. the gorilla was the most popular attraction at Zoo Atlanta. Instead of a mere statue or winding highway in the shape of his silhouette, Willie's legacy lives on in the form of a professional soccer team: the Atlanta Silverbacks. The Silverbacks, who were called the Atlanta Ruckus before changing their name in 1998, originally played as part of the USL from 1999–2009, at which point the team announced its departure to become co-founders of the North American Soccer Association. Today, the Silverbacks draw fans to the 5,000-seat stadium at Atlanta Silverbacks Park, a sprawling complex with four full-size soccer fields for professional, semi-pro, and amateur play.