A diesel locomotive tugs passengers along the South San Gabriel River in holiday-themed cars
About This Deal
- $84 for two coach tickets (up to $106 value)
- $159 for four coach tickets (up to $212 value)
- When: Saturdays and Sundays at 8:30 a.m., 12 p.m., 3:30 p.m., or 7 p.m., from November 25 to December 17
North Pole Flyer Train
- The Train: Festive cars, creating a cheery holiday atmosphere for the journey.
- The Festivities: Riders enjoy all-you-can-drink hot cocoa and a signature Christmas cookie while chatting with Santa and Mrs. Claus, and a storytelling elf stops by to read aloud the tale of the North Pole Flyer.
- The Excursion: The two-hour ride whisks passengers from Cedar Park to Bertram and back, passing by the South San Gabriel River along the way.
These tickets are valid for Coach seats on the Buckeye Lake, Buckeye Trail, Silver Pine or New Braunfels cars. Spots fill up quickly. In order to guarantee a spot vouchers must be booked by November 15, 2017.
About Austin Steam Train Association
Austin Steam Train Association recreates steam-era railroading for guests who want a taste of the picturesque past. Rides aboard its diesel locomotive often include stops in Bertram to admire a restored 1912 train depot. Guests can ride in authentic cars from a variety of different historic trains. What's more, the diesel also hosts a variety of special events, including murder-mystery parties, holiday-themed rides, wine-tasting rides, and once-a-year, a kid-friendly adventure led by Thomas the Tank Engine.
When workers aren't running the trains, they're working on rebuilding them. The association originally began with the goal of refurbishing a Southern Pacific 786 locomotive that had sat in Austin park. It aims to get the locomotive back to working condition so it can sound its whistle across the countryside once again.