What You'll Get
- One ticket to Boston Modern Orchestra Project’s “Surround Sound”
- When: Sunday, October 12, at 3 p.m.
- Where: Jordan Hall at New England Conservatory
- Door time: 2 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $15 for C-level seating (up to $30 value)
- $20 for B-level seating (up to $40 value)
- $25 for A-level seating (up to $50 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
This evening highlights pieces composed in 2000 or after, including the world-premiere performance of Anthony Paul De Ritis’s Riflessioni. An hour before the concert, ticket-holders can attend a talk that explains the artistry of these contemporary composers.
- Smith—Constellation: The celestial name suits this short, meditative piece that seems to start off-world even before it grows in shimmering power to planetary proportions.
- De Ritis—Riflessioni: Much of Anthony Paul De Ritis’s work has been concerned with the perception of sound, whether he’s composing a more conventional piece or working with the likes of Judah Gold from the Jerry Garcia Band.
- Felder—Les Quatre Temps Cardinaux: This complex song cycle was written for two vocalists, a 35-piece orchestra, and some very modern equipment—the counter-melodies are played on 12 channels of electronics.
Boston Modern Orchestra Project
From John Adams to John Zorn, the Boston Modern Orchestra Project has put composers front and center since its founding in 1996. And the orchestra goes beyond merely performing new pieces—although it is recognized as the nation’s leading ensemble dedicating to sharing premiere works. The musicians collaborate with composers directly to create contempory music for contemporary audiences. This tuneful meeting of the minds was devised by conductor Gil Rose, an award-winning presence in the modern orchestral scene.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 12, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 10/12 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Jordan Hall at New England Conservatory. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects Jordan Hall at New England Conservatory's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.