Award-winning docents present Chicago’s most iconic architectural sites during 90-minute river cruise
About This Deal
After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your voucher to complete redemption.
- What’s included: river cruise through all three branches of the Chicago River with 50 skyscrapers, bascule bridges, and historic sites
- Complimentary coffee, tea, lemonade, soft drinks, and cookies
- Departure location: 465 N McClurg Ct, Chicago, IL
- Departure time: View schedule
- Youth tickets available
- Free admission for children 6 and under
- Read more information about the cruise
Need To Know
About Chicago Line Cruises
Sometimes all it takes is a suggestion. Terry Johnson and Paul McCarthy founded their vessel-chartering business in 1980. But when a good friend recommended they offer expertly narrated tours on the history and the iconic architecture of Chicago, the pair jumped at the opportunity. Praised as the 2018 Concierge Preferred Winner, “Best architecture tour available” by the Chicago Sun-Times and “Most engaging tour of the bunch” by Time Out Chicago, their river cruises take passengers on three types of educational, 90-minute tours of the city. Chicago Line Cruises has transported more than three million Chicagoans and visitors along the river for entertainment, stunning views, and a deeper appreciation for architectural design.
- Learn how Chicago became the birthplace of the first buildings to be dubbed "skyscrapers."
- Hear how the Great Chicago Fire paved the way for an architectural renaissance.
- See a broad selection of modern architectural styles and discover the distinctive characteristics of each.
- Experience Chicago's first architectural river cruise.
- Hear the overarching story of how Chicago transformed from a swampy marshland to a world-class city.
- Learn about the Chicagoans whose innovations helped influence architecture and commerce around the world.
- Savor a cup of Starbucks coffee while a guide recounts Chicago's triumphant and tragic moments.
- Historical tours are presented in partnership with the Chicago History Museum.
- Private outings are available for 20–173 passengers.
- Full-service bars and professional sound systems are available for special events.
- Celebrate while savoring views of the Chicago skyline from a different perspective.
- Choose from three vessels: the Ft. Dearborn, the Innisfree, and the Marquette.