Driving really fast is illegal unless you're on a racetrack or in New Hampshire during one of the state's No Law Wednesdays. Live free and drive with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to the Burndown at Sundown! drag-racing event
- When: Saturday, June 8. Though the main events take place at 4 p.m. and 8 p.m., gates open at 9am, with the first exhibition showtime at 4pm. See the event schedule here.
- Where: Route 66 Raceway
- Door time: 9 a.m.; first exhibition showtime at 4 p.m.
- Kids aged 12 and under receive free admission, excluding indoor seating
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- $10 for general-admission seating (a $20 value)
- $25 for indoor seating in the skybox suites with access to the outdoor grandstands (a $50 value)
The Scouting Report
As summer descends on Chicago, Burndown at Sundown! heats up the already scorching pavement when cars hurtle down the track at speeds approaching 300 mph. More than 450 rides converge upon Route 66 Raceway for the all-day event, including fire-breathing jet cars, nitro-burning dragsters, and Nostalgia Pro Stock cars that harken back to the days when engines ran on malted shakes. To go along with the historic theme, the day also features an appearance from the Shake, Rattle & Run '57 Chevy, which raced during indoor drags at Chicago Amphitheatre back in the early 1960s. Visitors can watch the action from either the air-conditioned skybox or the general-admission grandstands, which afford views of the track from several different vantage points.