What You'll Get
- $10 for one G-Pass to see Drive-By Truckers and Lucero (up to $18.99 value)
- When: Thursday, September 18, at 8 p.m.
- Where: South Side Ballroom
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- What fuels their non-stop trucking: Southern pride, a brawny three-axe attack, and musical stories that examine, embrace, and critique the South from all sides
- Why their brand of country rock sounds like it came from the ’70s: the band records all of their albums on old-school, open-reel tape recorders
- Real-life Southern figures who have popped up in DBT’s lyrics: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Carl Perkins, Sheriff Buford Pusser
- Who writes and sings these lyrics: the raspy, narrative-based Patterson Hood and Mike Cooley, who has a deeper baritone and a more cryptic sensibility
- Why their latest album, English Oceans, is special: for the first time, the two frontmen have split the songwriting and vocal duties right down the middle (past records have leaned more heavily on Hood’s tunes)
- For insight into Hood’s songwriting process: click here for the Groupon Guide’s interview about his ode to holiday dysfunction, “The Thanksgiving Filter”
- How The A.V. Club defines their sound: “a synthesis of soul, rock, and country that is distinctly Memphisian”
- Consequence of Sound calls them: “one of the hardest working bands of the last 10 years—on tour significantly more days than they are not”
- Which makes them: the perfect touring buddies for Drive-By Truckers, as both acts have become tireless ambassadors of modern Southern rock
- Where to start with Lucero’s sprawling nine-album catalogue: 2003’s That Much Further West, which adds a shot of Replacements-esque punk to their sound
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 18, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Use for admission at South Side Ballroom on 9/18. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon, Live Nation, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.