What You'll Get
- $17 for one VIP ticket (up to $28.33 value)
- VIP admission includes a meet-and-greet with the band plus a personalized concert card that gives free entry to upcoming shows
- Who She Is: Camile Velasco, the reggae singer who came in ninth place on Season 3 of American Idol. (No hard feelings though—her friend Fantasia Barrino eventually won.)
- Her Cinderella Story: Before acing the Idol auditions, Eli-Mac was a struggling singer-songwriter who worked at her parents’ Kahului-based IHOP.
- The Judges’ Take: Randy Jackson said, “I love the sound of your voice. I love the kind of dark kinda quality of it.” Paula said, “You’re a beautiful, beautiful girl.” And Simon (or his sentient t-shirt) said, “You’re actually very good.”
- What Set Her Apart: her ability to put a hip-hop spin on pop standards and improvise verses
- Post Idol: She went on tour with the Season 3 top 10; opened for her idol, Lauryn Hill; and began releasing reggae-pop singles such as “Guava Jelly” (which won the 2009 Hawaii Music Award for Single of the Year).
- What’s New: “Dubstop” off the EP of the same name
- Rian Basilio & The Roosters: This Hawaiian trio layers soulful vocals and rootsy rock over socially conscious lyrics, a throwback sound, and an island vibe, resulting in YouTube hits such as “Long Road to Zion.”
- Also Appearing: Bo Napoleon | Red Eyed Pilotz
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 20, 2016. Limit 20/person. Redeem on 2/19 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Must be 21+ with valid photo ID. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About SOL Venue
SOL Venue is a private event space and concert venue that lives up to its celestial namesake. The space is open to rent for birthdays, receptions, or baby or bridal showers, and includes state-of-the-art staging, A/V capabilities with professional sound and projection systems, and a well-stocked bar.