All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Folk wisdom about looking a gift horse in the mouth is obsolete, now that horses are no longer bred to belch blinding ammonia. Enjoy improved equine exhalations with this deal.
- Race-day package for twilight horse racing
- When: Friday, April 25, at 5 p.m.
- Where: Hawthorne Race Course
- Seating: general admission with access to an exclusive VIP area in front of the bandstage and along the finish line<p>
- $18 for a race-day package for one (up to a $37 value)
- $32 for a race-day package for two (up to a $74 value)
- $60 for a race-day package for four (up to a $148 value)<p>
Per person, each race-day package includes:
- A live racing program (a $3.50 value)
- A craft beer voucher (a $5 value)
- Commemorative twilight racing souvenir beer glass (an $8.50 value)
- Access to exclusive VIP area (a $10 value)
- $10 wagering coupon (must sign up for free Hawthorne Race Course membership to receive voucher)
The Scouting Report
On April 25, the oval rumbles with a night of live racing as Hawthorne Race Course’s 2014 spring season begins to hit its stride. Spectators can watch the galloping steeds vie for the winner’s circle, sip craft beer from a twilight racing beer glass, and visit the nearby barbecue for delicious victuals. Attendees can also pursue their own prizes by placing $10 wagering coupons on their favorite horses or by placing additional bets using the racecourse’s easy-to-follow instructions, rather than donning a centaur costume and trying to win the race themselves.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 25, 2014. Limit 4 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 4/25 for a ticket at Gold Cup Entrance Will Call. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Hawthorne Race Course. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Hawthorne Race Course's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. $10 wager coupon requires free Club Hawthorne sign-up. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Hawthorne Race Course
On May 20, 1891, an estimated 6,000 people attended the first-ever Opening Day at Hawthorne Race Course in Stickney, Illinois. The event featured the Chicago Derby—a quarter-mile race won by a horse named Brookwood. Since that day, the family-owned facility—celebrating over 125 years in business—has thrilled Chicago-area racing fans season after season with live competition and full-card simulcasting. The track hosts standardbred harness racing in January and the summer months, while thoroughbred racing dominates the rest of the year. But it hasn't always been easy. In 1905, for instance, racing was banned in Chicago for more than 15 years after several of the facility's horses became mired in a political scandal. And Hawthorne Race Course itself has had to overcome its fair share of adversity, including two fires, but continues to enthrall thousands of fans each year.