$30 for Two to See the Robert Glasper Experiment at House of Blues Chicago on September 27 (Up to $83.10 Value)

House of Blues Chicago

Value Discount You Save
$83 64% $53
Give as a Gift
Limited quantity available
Over 50 bought

In a Nutshell

Genre-expanding jazz pianist expands the genre by collaborating with established hip-hop stars and crafting meditative soundscapes

The Fine Print

Promotional value expires Sep 27, 2012. Limit 4 per person. Redeem starting 9/27 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at House of Blues Chicago. Must provide first and last name at checkout, which Groupon will provide to facilitate redemption of voucher. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Live Nation's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Must be 17 or older. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.

Bands often run back onstage for an encore, especially if the crowd is chanting for them or if security hasn't been able to capture the live animal running loose backstage. Go wild with this GrouponLive deal to see the Robert Glasper Experiment at House of Blues Chicago. For $30, you get two tickets for general admission on Thursday, September 27, at 8 p.m. (up to an $83.10 value, including all fees). Doors open at 7 p.m. Jerome Holloway opens for Glasper.

“The jazz community kind of kills the alive to praise the dead,” opined pianist Robert Glasper in an interview with the Los Angeles Times earlier this year. “You look in any jazz magazine, 90% of it is old people, reissues, or people who are gone already. The other 10% are new people, when it should be the opposite way.” A blunt-worded advocate and conscientious catalyst for the evolution of jazz, Glasper pushes the boundaries of the genre with overt hip-hop stylings, a few surprising covers such as “Smells Like Teen Spirit” and the Cuban jazz classic “Afro Blue,” and collaborations with such artists as Lupe Fiasco, Erykah Badu, and Bilal. Often backed by his self-titled band, Glasper’s songs inhabit deeply complex and meditative soundscapes that have a tendency to morph into familiar tunes. This approach to jazz is at once tender and confrontational, tearing down the old to make way for the new and reinvigorating the aging genre by channeling it through modern musicians.

Merchant Location Map
  1. 1

    House of Blues Chicago

    329 N Dearborn St.

    Chicago, IL 60610

    +13129232007

    Get Directions

Tickets to events near you
15% Bonus Savings
Get an extra 15% off local restaurants, spas, salons, and more to use within 48 hours of your Goods order! See details
By purchasing this deal you'll unlock points which can be spent on discounts and rewards. Every 5,000 points can be redeemed for $5 Off your next purchase.
{}