- $23.99 for admission for two, valid Monday–Friday (up to $39 value)
- Valid through May 26
Current rotating exhibitions include the following:
- Night Fever: New York Disco 1977-1979, The Bill Bernstein Photographs explores the sexually and socially radical multiculturalism embraced by the New York disco clubs of the late ‘70s. Combining dozens of photographs and exclusive audio interviews in an immersive installation, Night Fever invites viewers to experience the freedom and intoxication of the era.
- Known/Unknown: Private Obsession and Hidden Desire in Outsider Art showcases over 100 rarely seen works by self-taught artistic masters - so called ‘outsider artists’ - who have worked outside the continuum of art history. The exhibition features photographs, sculptures and paintings which provide provocative and sometimes disturbing insight into the psychological terrain of their creators.
- Hardcore: A Century and a Half of Obscene Imagery documents 150 years of hardcore illustration, photography, and film between 1821, the year of America’s first obscenity trial, though the release of Deep Throat in 1972.
- OBJECTXXX: Selected Artifacts from the Museum of Sex Archive features historical items and ephemera, such as an antique hand-powered vibrator from the Museum’s permanent collection, alongside contemporary innovations and objects surrounding the world of sexuality.
- The Sex Lives of Animals: Sex in the animal kingdom is as nuanced as it is in the human realm; and sex-for-pleasure, it seems, is not just restricted to Homo sapiens. The Museum invites patrons to explore the most intimate part of the natural life cycle, offering an uncensored glimpse into sex for pleasure in the animal kingdom.
Ever wondered what it's like to work at a sex museum? Maybe not, but you definitely are now.
The Museum of Sex
For over a decade, The Museum of Sex has showcased fascinating exhibitions exploring the art, science, and the study of sexuality. From working in partnership with over 100 major cultural institutions, artists, designers, and academics, the Museum's work spans the globe with over 25 exhibitions that range from a commentary on the sexual history of NYC and the history of hardcore imagery to the erotic heritage of China. Exhibits aim to put sex in context with our modern understanding of humanity, while also revealing the sometimes scintillating history of past generations.
- Something for Everyone: The Museum of Sex focuses on sex and sexuality from a variety of different lenses, including art, history, science and culture, on more than three floors.
- Interactive: Not everything in the Museum is behind glass. In fact, the museum features many interactive exhibits, including the Jump For Joy: Bouncy Castle of Breasts by Bompas & Parr.
- Permanent Collections: In addition to rotating exhibitions, the Museum of Sex also showcases artifacts from its collection of over 15,000 artifacts. Guests may take in fine art, historical artifacts and a collection of significant sexually related ephemera. Current featured artifacts include antique hand-powered vibrators, a dress constructed from thousands of condoms and Hugh Hefner’s smoking jacket.
- Don't Miss: At the store of The Museum of Sex, guests can peruse a curated selection of top quality products across various categories to further explore sexuality in a unique and pleasant environment.