Dancers use their bodies to express emotions, unlike opera singers, who use their voices, and Punchin’ Jack, who only uses his fists. Get an eyeful of art with this GrouponLive deal.
- $7.50 for one ticket to see New West Ballet School’s Peter Pan (up to a $22 value)
- Where: California Center for the Arts
- Section: general admission
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
Dates and Times
- Saturday, August 24, at 5 p.m.
- Sunday, August 25, at 5 p.m.<p>
Peter Pan swoops onstage to dazzle eyes of all ages in a ballet adaptation of J. M. Barrie’s beloved tale. In Neverland, children stay young forever, no mothers are around to send them to bed, and candy is considered an acceptable entree for any meal. There, the mischievous Lost Boys and their leader, Peter, engage in an unending battle with Captain Hook and his band of pirates, but when Peter brings the Darling children from a far-away land, things begin to change. Jealously tints Tinkerbell’s magic, love cracks Peter’s juvenile manner, and the Lost Boys’ battle with the pirates take on a newfound gravity. Throughout the performance, young dancers effortlessly capture the feeling of eternal youth and flight as they pirouette and tour jeté across the stage.<p>