Movies are even better than books because you don't have to imagine what the author meant by "George Clooney-esque." See something good with this GrouponLive deal.
- All-access passes to the Peachtree Village International Film Festival
- When: September 26–28
- Where: 444 Theatre
- Door time: 11 a.m. each day
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $39 for an all-access general-admission pass to all films and panel discussions (up to $77.25 value)
- $55 for an all-access VIP pass to all films, panel discussions, after parties, and the closing event brunch (up to $103 value)
- Click here to view the schedule
Peachtree Village International Film Festival
As the saying goes, it takes a village to make a movie, and Peachtree Village International Film Festival aims to create a cozy sense of community for filmmakers and audiences alike. The annual event’s offerings range from socially conscious pieces to action flicks and thrillers, all spotlighting artists from right around the corner and the other side of the world. Nearly two dozen short films and features fill the weekend, which also includes panel discussions led by professionals and a celebratory Sunday brunch.
Friday, September 26
- Jesus (short): Hip-hop legends E. Boogie and Chubb Rock star as two friends who find themselves caught between the temptations of criminal life and the hope of achieving spiritual redemption.
- Dar He: The Lynching of Emmet Till (feature): Mike Wiley plays all 36 characters in this drama, which tells the real-life story of a horrific hate crime that helped spark the Civil Rights Movement.
- Gaming, Technology, and Animation in Film and Television (panel): Industry professionals discuss how technology evolves with the ever-changing entertainment industry.
- PVIFF Opening Night Screening My Other Mother: Starring Lynn Whitfield, Essence Atkins, and Jasmine Guy; after-party at Bar One
Saturday, September 27
- Ritechus Cry (short): Behind hip-hop artist Ritechus’s confident, ambitious exterior hides a battle with depression.
- Indigo (feature): When the six-year-old flower girl at a wedding goes missing, the key to her whereabouts may lie in the pictures captured by the photographer, a man haunted by his own troubled past.
- Make Money With Your Webseries (panel): One of the producers of the hit webseries The Mis-Adventures of Awkward Black Girl discusses making the medium profitable.
- Meet and Greet Autograph Signing: with Latin Grammy Award Winning Artist, Obie Bermudez
- Click here to view the complete festival schedule.