What You'll Get
- $8 for one ticket to a Shakespeare on the Plaza summer show (up to $15 value)
- Where: Albuquerque Civic Plaza
- Seating: general admission
- The Taming of the Shrew on Friday, July 3, at 7:30 p.m.
- Julius Caesar on Saturday, July 4, or Sunday, July 5, at 7:30 p.m.
Shakespeare on the Plaza Summer Shows
- Julius Caesar: As the titular ruler grapples with the burden of power, his once close friend Marcus Brutus begins to fear that Caesar will turn the republic into a monarchy—a misunderstanding with tragic results. This new production is set in the imagined landscape of the United States in the year 2059, an interpretation that aims to add additional depth to the play’s themes of corrupting politics.
- The Taming of the Shrew: In this imagine reproduction, the sexes square off on a street in New Mexico’s Wild West in the 19th century. The wealthy Baptista wants to find matches for his daughters. Suitors swarm around sweet Bianca, but temperamental older sister Katherina spurns any man who darkens her door. Enter the dashing Petruchio, whose wits and determination ignite a comedic battle of the sexes.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.