Dancing is the second-best way to let the body do the talking, just short of being born with a mouth in your bellybutton. Speak from the feet with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to the Tallahassee Latin Dance Festival
- When: Friday, June 7–Sunday, June 9
- Where: Leon County Civic Center
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: one hour prior to each event
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the schedule of events.
- Click here to view all admission options.<p>
Though this merchant sometimes offers a discounted price online, this Groupon is still the best deal available.<p>
Tallahassee Latin Dance Festival
Tito Puente, Jr. performing “Agua Limpia Todo” with Jose Arroyo
* What to expect: three nights of dancing; two days of dance workshops, lessons, and performances by internationally renowned dancers; two live concerts from Latin music royalty; a year’s supply of smiles and limberness * Among the dance instructors: Santo Rico, currently the world’s longest-standing performance team * Friday night highlight: the midnight amateur salsa contest * Saturday night highlight worth staying up very, very late for: social dancing and live music until 3 a.m. with Tito Puente, Jr. * Why: groove to energetic hits performed by the equally talented son of mambo legend Tito Puente, Sr. * Sunday night highlight worth calling in sick on Monday for: social dancing and live music until 2 a.m. with Grammy-winner Marlow Rosado * Musical styles that Marlow Rosado has mastered: salsa, rock, hip-hop, merengue, bachata, reggaeton, and children’s jump-rope jingles
Art of the Catwalk
Art of the Catwalk, an AFAA-certified pole-dance and fitness studio, is a venue for all women to tap into their wild sides regardless of age or build. The team of experienced dancers and coaches lead a diverse lineup of classes designed to stretch, tone, and choreograph. The team compliments pole-dancing classes with Zumba, yoga, belly-dance, and boot-camp courses for every fitness level. They cap class attendance at 40 participants (or around 10 for pole-dancing classes) to ensure personalized attention and enough space for clients to wear razor-edged tutus if they wish.
Art of the Catwalk can also gussy up physiques outside of the fitness studio with an onsite nail salon and products for purchase. It also employs Catwalk Kittens from Pretty Kitty Productions, a promotion company bent on spicing up most any event, to infuse personal parties with gravity-defying dance moves and infectious DJ beats.