- $20 for one ticket to the Valentine's Day Chocoholic Frolic Event (up to $40 value)
- When: Friday, February 14, at 6 p.m.
- Where: People's United Bank
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees and a free drink at the Valentine's after party at 9 p.m. Location of the after party will be announced at the event.
Valentine's Day Chocoholic Frolic Event
The Valentine's Day Chocoholic Frolic Event invites guests to celebrate the holiday of love, hearts, and surprisingly meddlesome Cupids with an evening of entertainment and decadent desserts. While singers fill the air with sweet melodies, patrons peruse the silent auction and enter the raffle, competing for the chance to win such prizes as fine wines and restaurant gift certificates. Gourmet treats from Bath Sweet Shoppe and Denman's Chocolates, along with baked goods from Sue Able, satisfy sweet teeth. And all that indulgence is for a good cause—the event's proceeds help support the seasonal programming of Ripple Effect Artists.
Ripple Effect Artists
The creative staff at Ripple Effect Artists believes that, like a wave spreading outward, a work of art can influence those who experience it and inspire action. To that end, they produce plays in conjunction with philanthropic efforts that both support those already fighting to make the world better and encourage audience members to get involved. Productions such as Waiting for Lefty, Taming of the Shrew, and Twelfth Night both engage and entertain, prompting conversations about gender equality, voting rights, and bullying.