- $35 for the eighth annual Houston Press Artopia general admission ($65 value)
On Saturday, January 30, the Houston Press Artopia descends on Winter Street Studios to celebrate the best in local talent, including visual artists, fashion designers, DJs, and chefs. With this Groupon, the attendee receives food and beer samples, as well as full access to the event.
Houston Press Artopia
For the eighth year in a row, Winter Street Studios transforms into a mecca of art, culture, fashion, food, music, revelry, and even more art for Houston Press Artopia. This season’s celebration of Houston’s most promising talent stuffs plenty of eye, ear, and mouth candy into just three hours. Here’s a rundown of the highlights, so you can (at least attempt) to see it all:
- The Fashion The fetching models of the Neal Hamil Agency rock the Europe-meets-Africa fusion of MODChic, the funky and flashy designs of Pardon My Fash-uhn, and the sleek styles of Samo Dinero.
- The Music: Enjoy eclectic hybrid of cumbia and hip-hop from Gio Chamba, winner of the Houston Press award for Best Dance Act, and get down to the funk of Say Girl Say and the thermometer-popping indie rock of Catch Fever.
- The Mastermind Awards: The highlight of Artopia occurs when the Houston Press presents prize grants to three local artists who’ve impacted the community.
- Bites and Libations: Culinary craftsmen and mixologist mechanics keep guests fueled with complimentary food, wine, beer, and cocktail samples.