What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $21 for VIP admission for one adult to Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience valid anytime after 4 p.m. daily ($35 value)
- $16 for VIP admission for one child to Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience valid anytime after 4 p.m. daily ($28 value)
Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience is a limited engagement and runs from July 9 - October 31, 2016.
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is first venue in the US to host this immersive, 12,000-square-foot exhibit. In celebration of the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, visitors become Starfleet Academy cadets and visit nine zones focusing on the Academy’s specialities, such as language, navigation, and command, and technologies, including holograms and projection mapping. Once cadets complete the training, they’re assigned a specialty.
VIP guests do not need to select a time slot to enter the exhibit. The museum also features special Star Trek–themed programs and tours in conjunction with the experience.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 31, 2016. Amount paid never expires. Limit 10 per person, may buy 10 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Not valid for Wednesday special events. Valid for admission any time after 4 p.m. Valid for Star Trek exhibit only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
What's more impressive than the Lockheed A-12 Blackbird—the world's fastest spy plane? Or a guided missile submarine? Well, how about a space shuttle? At the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, visitors will find all of this amid more than two dozen authentically restored aircraft, including the British Airways Concorde, the fastest commercial aircraft to cross the Atlantic Ocean. Through exhibitions, educational programming, and the well-rounded collection of technologically groundbreaking aircraft and vessels, the nonprofit institution provides visitors of all ages with an interactive journey through history to learn about American innovation and bravery. Professional guided tours are available to enhance the experience.
- The Building: the aircraft carrier Intrepid, which withstood kamikaze attacks and a torpedo strike during World War II
- Size: the carrier's four decks take two to three hours to explore, unless you're visiting in an F-14 Tomcat
- Eye Catcher: Inside the Space Shuttle Pavilion, the gigantic shuttle Enterprise hovers above several space-themed exhibits.
- Permanent Mainstay: The American guided missile submarine Growler welcomes guests into its dining room, attack center, and torpedo room (where some of the crew also slept).
- Don't Miss: The Lockheed A-12 Blackbird spy plane, the world's fastest military jet with a top speed of 2,269 mph and cameras that could shoot pictures from 80,000 feet in the air.
- Limited Time: Kids Week features real scientists teaching attendees of the wonders of polar ice caps, expoplanets, and more; each day of the event has unique interactive displays and children's book authors.
- Hands-On Experience: Kids can climb into a helicopter and steer from an airplane's cockpit in Exploreum Hall.
- Pro Tip: Be sure to talk to the volunteers—many served aboard Intrepid or on other Navy ships.