Visitors marvel at more than two dozen authentically restored aircraft at the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
What You'll Get
Kids Week at The Intrepid February 15 - 22, 2020
8 FUN DAYS. 120+ FREE ACTIVITIES. 1 AMAZING WINTER BREAK.
Kids Week at the Intrepid Museum is an exciting, indoor, family-friendly festival offering a variety of hands-on activities. All week long there are live animal shows, pop-up planetarium shows, maker spaces, live performances and so much more. Children of all ages and interests will learn more about STEAM through activities and demonstrations designed to educate and inspire.
- General admission to the USS Intrepid, the Space Shuttle Pavilion, USS Growler Submarine and all temporary exhibitions.
- Free admission for U.S. military and veterans and children 4 and under
- Kids Week Schedule of Events.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 22, 2020. Amount paid never expires. Not valid for redemption until 2 hours after purchase. Limit 8 per person. May be repurchased every 90 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
What's more impressive than the Lockheed A-12 Blackbird—the world's fastest spy plane? Or a guided missile submarine? Well, how about a space shuttle? At the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, visitors will find all of this amid more than two dozen authentically restored aircraft, including the British Airways Concorde, the fastest commercial aircraft to cross the Atlantic Ocean. Through exhibitions, educational programming, and the well-rounded collection of technologically groundbreaking aircraft and vessels, the nonprofit institution provides visitors of all ages with an interactive journey through history to learn about American innovation and bravery. Professional guided tours are available to enhance the experience.
- The Building: the aircraft carrier Intrepid, which withstood kamikaze attacks and a torpedo strike during World War II
- Size: the carrier's four decks take two to three hours to explore, unless you're visiting in an F-14 Tomcat
- Eye Catcher: Inside the Space Shuttle Pavilion, the gigantic shuttle Enterprise hovers above several space-themed exhibits.
- Permanent Mainstay: The American guided missile submarine Growler welcomes guests into its dining room, attack center, and torpedo room (where some of the crew also slept).
- Don't Miss: The Lockheed A-12 Blackbird spy plane, the world's fastest military jet with a top speed of 2,269 mph and cameras that could shoot pictures from 80,000 feet in the air.
- Hands-On Experience: Kids can climb into a helicopter and steer from an airplane's cockpit in Exploreum Hall.
- Pro Tip: Be sure to talk to the volunteers—many served aboard Intrepid or on other Navy ships.