Onboard with safety at the Intrepid Museum
About This Deal
The Intrepid Museum is Now Open and is thrilled to once again welcome visitors through the doors. The Museum is making your health and safety their number one priority. By following the recommendations of public health experts to ensure your experience is not only fun and engaging, but most importantly, safe.
- Free admission for children 4 and under as well as U.S. military and veterans
- Effective November 20, the Museum will be open 3 days a week: Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 10am – 5pm.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR VISIT
- Admission is subject to capacity. Advance reservations not accepted; your Groupon is valid for the next available time slot upon arrival. Entry time may not be immediate.
- Face coverings are required when visiting the Museum and/or Pier 86
- Practice social distancing and keep at least 6 feet (2 meters) between your travel party and others.
- There is a security screening process upon entry. No large bags are permitted.
- Due to safety restrictions, certain exhibits and experiences around the Museum may be temporarily closed
Need To Know
About Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
What's more impressive than the Lockheed A-12 Blackbird—the world's fastest spy plane? Or a guided missile submarine? Well, how about a space shuttle? At the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, visitors will find all of this amid more than two dozen authentically restored aircraft, including the British Airways Concorde, the fastest commercial aircraft to cross the Atlantic Ocean. Through exhibitions, educational programming, and the well-rounded collection of technologically groundbreaking aircraft and vessels, the nonprofit institution provides visitors of all ages with an interactive journey through history to learn about American innovation and bravery. Professional guided tours are available to enhance the experience.
- The Building: the aircraft carrier Intrepid, which withstood kamikaze attacks and a torpedo strike during World War II
- Size: the carrier's four decks take two to three hours to explore, unless you're visiting in an F-14 Tomcat
- Eye Catcher: Inside the Space Shuttle Pavilion, the gigantic shuttle Enterprise hovers above several space-themed exhibits.
- Permanent Mainstay: The American guided missile submarine Growler welcomes guests into its dining room, attack center, and torpedo room (where some of the crew also slept).
- Don't Miss: The Lockheed A-12 Blackbird spy plane, the world's fastest military jet with a top speed of 2,269 mph and cameras that could shoot pictures from 80,000 feet in the air.
- Hands-On Experience: Kids can climb into a helicopter and steer from an airplane's cockpit in Exploreum Hall.
- Pro Tip: Be sure to talk to the volunteers—many served aboard Intrepid or on other Navy ships.