Choose Between Two Options
- $20 for a 2.5-hour ropes-course adventure for one ($40 value)
- $40 for a 2.5-hour ropes-course adventure for two ($80 value)
Ironwood Outdoor Center
Ironwood Outdoor Center has a bit of an infestation problem—in the form of flying squirrels. The thing about these flying squirrels, though, is that they're actually people. After donning a helmet and harness, brave adventurers are hoisted high into the sky before being "dropped" to sail through the air. But the Flying Squirrel is just one of the exhilarating activities at this nonprofit organization, whose aim is to instill self-confidence and nurture a love for nature in kids and adults alike.
Adrenaline junkies can get their fill with the zipline, ropes course, and a vertical play-pen, while those looking for a more subtle day of nature can hike Ironwood's verdant trails, explore the sensory garden, or paddle down the creek in a kayak or a giant wooden shoe. Open from early spring to late fall, the center welcomes single-day visitors or groups celebrating a birthday, family reunion, or graduation.
By the Numbers:
- 2000–the year the park opened
- 84 acres of woodland and wetland
- 241 species of flora and fauna
- 225-foot zipline
- 2.5 miles of hiking trails
- 1.5 miles of creek frontage
- 2 ropes courses—one high and one low