Students will gain deeper musical understanding and have the opportunity to play with others.
About This Deal
Study Jazz Guitar topics in a structured and logical manner.
Learn tried and true techniques used by players like Joe Pass, Wes Montgomery, Pat Martino and others.
This course of study will help you develop a strone foundation to build on as well as delve into advanced techniques and theoretical ideas which can be applied to your playing.
Key concepts you will learn include:
- An in depth study of jazz guitar harmony and fret board knowledge
- Deeper understanding of the Blues within the Jazz context
- Fingerstyle Jazz techniques
- Cascading Harp Harmonics (a la Lenny Breau and Chet Atkins)
- Chord substitutions and advanced harmonic devices
- Rootless chords and Quartal Harmony
- Solo guitar arrangement techniques and approaches
- Bossa Nova accompaniment styles and techniques
- Development of melodic concepts and improvisation
- Finding your voice as an improviser
- Navigating chord changes while soloing
All lesson materials are provided to you. Simply bring your guitar and be ready to learn!
An intermediate level of playing is recommended however someone with a string desire to learn and dedication can pick these concepts up as a lower intermediate level or even beginning level player.
You will also have access to supplemental video lessons and opportunities to play live! So sign up today and lets begin this Journey together!
About Jazz Guitar Studio
Jazz Guitar Studio is a practical and applied study approach to learning music. With a focus on playing the music we love!
When you pick up an instrument you want to play and Jazz Guitar Studio will be there to help you achieve your goal!