What You Get
- $30 for $50 worth of Cajun cuisine for two
How It Works
Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select “Check Availability” to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal
- Visit “My Groupons” or tap the mobile app to make a reservation
- Select day and time online to secure reservation
- Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you.
Knotty Pine on the Bayou
Knotty Pine on the Bayou may not rest in the heart of Louisiana, but nonetheless, owner and head chef John Caulfield embraces the Deep South's flavors. Although the restaurant serves grilled steaks and other cuisine from outside the bayou, Cajun influences are evident in most of Caulfield's dishes.
Classic Cajun Cooking
- Bold seasoning adds some kick to the Cajun gumbo's chicken, andouille sausage, and crisp vegetables.
- Chefs fry frog legs or sauté them with lemon, butter, and garlic.
- The Cajun shrimp boil's crustaceans simmer in a spicy stock with onion, lemon, and spices before diners peel and devour each one.
- Smoked sausage makes red beans and rice a particularly hearty entree.
- Creole sauce accompanies crispy, deep-fried alligator.
Spaces to Sit
Knotty Pine on the Bayou features multiple dining areas. Although each one has its own theme, all of them share a casual, cozy aesthetic characterized by rustic woodwork and gauzy curtains. For an equally inviting atmosphere, guests can head to the restaurant's deck, which Gayot lauded as the "perfect place to linger over a Dixie beer and watch the sun set over the green Kentucky hills and the lazy Licking River."