The world is a big, exciting place, full of unique cuisines and different spellings of Eric. Discover something new with this Groupon.
What You Get
- $10 for 25% off your entire bill
- See the menu.
How It Works
The Deal: There are no minimum or maximum purchase restrictions for this Groupon—the higher your total purchase, the more you save. For example, if you spend $60, you will get $15 off; if you spend $100, you will get $25 off.
The Reservation: Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select “Buy & Book” to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal.
- Visit “My Groupons” or tap the mobile app to make a reservation.
- Select day and time online to secure reservation.
- Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you.
Although it's located in Manhattan, Matisse's menu of French countryside fare is modeled after the bouchons of Lyon, France. The bistro and wine bar's distinctive cuisine pairs with an inviting interior to create a cozy culinary experience. Even ViaMichelin praised the restaurant for its panache: "Some of the dishes are presented on delightfully rustic wooden boards and exude charm, thereby displaying Matisse's stylish flair."
French Culinary Classics
- Sweet apple compote and spiced pears complement the rich, savory foie gras.
- Beef bourguignon includes a hearty combination of bacon, mushrooms, carrots, and linguine worthy of Julia Child's approval.
- White wine, shallots, and thyme flavor the mussels mariniere's steaming, aromatic sauce, which chefs pair with frites.
Warm and Welcoming Woodwork
Wood is pervasive throughout the rich, earth-toned bistro, from the hardwood lining the floors to the sheets of pine covering several walls in the dining room. The adjacent exposed, white-brick walls add to the ambiance. The cozy atmosphere grows even warmer on Saturdays when Matisse hosts live jazz performances and replaces napkins with electric blankets.