During their stay at this historic museum, visitors can learn about the life and history of 19th-century New York
About This Deal
- Museum hours: 11 a.m.–4 p.m., Tuesday–Sunday
- Free admission for children under 12. Must be accompanied by an adult.
- Free admission for Museum Members and with the Cool Culture Pass
- Bus: M15, M31, or M57
- Subway: N, R or 4, 5, 6 to 59th Street/Lexington Avenue Station or the F or Q to Lexington Avenue
- Limited accessibility for visitors with mobility impairments. Portable stools and customized tours available.
Need To Know
About Mount Vernon Hotel Museum & Garden
Built in 1799 as a carriage house on a 23-acre estate, the Mount Vernon Hotel Museum & Garden pays tribute to the era of the Mount Vernon Hotel which operated from 1826–1833. As the only remaining historic day hotel in Manhattan, its goal is to celebrate and educate about the life of 19th-century NYC citizens.
- Eye Catcher: The well-maintained exterior of the building has remained mostly unchanged for years, making it an important architectural landmark of NYC.
- Don't Miss: A charming, small gazebo can be found in the corner of the museum's outdoor patio where the visitors can sit down, relax, and enjoy the view of the colorful garden.