Choose from Five Options
- $2,059 for a workshop to make your own pair of 14-karat yellow-gold rings ($2,425 value)
- $2,145 for a workshop to make your own pair of palladium rings ($2,525 value)
- $2,359 for a workshop to make your own pair of 18-karat yellow-gold rings ($2,775 value)
- $2,444 for a workshop to make your own pair of 18-karat palladium white-gold rings ($2,875 value)
- $3,149 for a workshop to make your own pair of platinum rings ($3,700 value)
New York Wedding Ring
Some couples write their own marriage vows, while others—well, others prefer a more fiery expression of their love and commitment. At New York Wedding Ring, metal artist Sam Abbay helps couples forge their own engagement and wedding rings from raw precious metals, coins, and existing jewelry. At a studio replete with all the necessary equipment, Abbay will guide you and your significant other as you choose your raw material—like palladium, gold, and platinum—and conceive a design for rings that can even include engravings and settings for gemstones.
The process, which can take as little as four hours or as long as a day, includes melting the metals, annealing, and shaping. All the while, Abbay is on hand to offer advice such as how thick wedding rings should be and how to keep them polished if there are no automatic car washes in your area to run through. He can also work with clients to design a custom ring of his own creation. The romantic experience culminates on a couple's big day, when they exchange their handmade and personally designed rings—a perfect symbol for the love they've nurtured.