Passengers head off the Jersey shore on a three-hour cruise to find humpback whales and view all the marine life found along the way
About This Deal
- What’s included:
- Three-hour whale and dolphin watching cruise
- During the cruise guests can discover a diversity of marine life and watch humpback whales, sea turtles, sharks, or dolphins in their natural environment.
- Guests ride on the Sea Eagle, the boat made famous by the James Bond film License to Kill.
- Tours are open for the season starting May 2020; click here to view the schedule
- Departure location: 900 River Road, Belmar, NJ 07719
- Guests must arrive and check-in by 8:30 a.m.
- Adult tickets are valid for ages 13 and older.
- Children’s tickets are available for ages 12 and under.
Need To Know
About Ocean Explorer
Every week, aboard the spacious 100-foot Ocean Explorer, veteran angler and spearfisher Captain Bobby Quinn puts his 30 years of experience to use. Throughout afternoons of deep-sea fishing, he takes passengers onto the rolling Atlantic in search of everything from sea bass and bluefish to fluke. And guests searching for a specific catch can track the conditions of the water and availability of fish with Ocean Explorer's ever-updated fishing report, full of pictures of beaming anglers showing off what they hooked. Then, when charter-goers have had their fill of fishing, they can relax aboard the spacious ship and take in views of the sunset.
Meanwhile, aboard Ocean Explorer's sister ship the Sea Eagle—the very same vessel that was featured in the classic James Bond film License to Kill—guests search out the area's most majestic sea creatures from an open-concept vessel with a 360-degree view. During these three-hour educational tours riders scan the seas with cameras ready looking for humpback whales, along with possible sightings of sea turtles, dolphins, and other marine life. That's why customers laud this an "up close and personal" experience.