Choose from Three Options
- $120 for a six-session PADI scuba certification course ($239 value)
- $245 for a PADI scuba certification package for one ($489 value)
- $500 for a PADI scuba certification package two ($978 value)
The two packages include, per person:
- A six-session PADI scuba certification course
- An overnight weekend trip to Lake Pleasant for certification dives
The six-session course incorporates four, four-hour classroom sessions and eight hours of practice in a swimming pool. After the course and successful dives in Lake Pleasant, students earn a PADI scuba certification that never expires, and allows them rent scuba tanks and gear anywhere in the world.
Christopher Goodwill and Michael Makoid met while diving in the Sea of Cortez. The duo’s shared passion for scuba led them to found Planet Scuba; nowadays, they lead fellow divers on trips to the sea where they first met, as well as to Key Largo, St. Croix, and other exotic locales.
The shop arms patrons for independent dive trips as well with open-water certification courses. During 22 hours of coursework that combine classroom instruction and pool lessons, students learn basic diving techniques, such as removing the helium balloons tied to their wrists. Classes close with an optional overnight dive trip, on which students earn their certification. The gear store—which stocks equipment for snorkeling and swimming as well as diving—can equip aquatic explorers for any kind of expedition.