Like painting a portrait or fixing a computer, completing a round of golf is always more impressive when it’s done in the pouring rain. Enjoy equally impressive fair-weathered fores with today's Groupon to Pleasant Valley Golf Club in Chantilly. Choose between the following options:
• For $89, you get a golf outing for two anytime on a weekday, including a golf cart and two small buckets of driving-range balls (up to a $178 value, depending on the time of day).
• For $104, you get a golf outing for two after 11:00 a.m. on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, including a golf cart and two small buckets of driving-range balls (a $208 value).
Rated “a noticeable cut above” by the Washington Post, Pleasant Valley Golf Club hosts18 championship holes peppered along rolling hills and verdant foliage, alongside an expansive driving range. Before hitting the green, golf gourmands can break in swings with a session at the driving range as they challenge companions to see who can hit the ball farther or pull off the best impression of Arnold Palmer whispering to his 8-iron. Once games begin, golfers can admire the course's hardwood forests, native grasses, and glassy lakes aboard the included golf cart, equipped with GPS to ensure games don't end up in another country. Once putt pinings are thoroughly sated, duos can celebrate victories at the Grill at Pleasant Valley, which boasts a range of sandwiches, burgers, and wings (not included with this Groupon).
Proper golf attire is required.
Pleasant Valley Golf Club
Course designer Tom Clark of Ault, Clark & Associates earned Pleasant Valley Golf Club a 4.5-star rating from Golf Digest, whose editors applauded the architect’s creativity in the site’s rolling hills and dense hardwood forest. Clark’s 18-hole brainchild allows players to tee up from one of four tee boxes and test their mettle against the par 72 course, taking care to avoid the water in play on six holes and the grassy meadows that lie outside the fairway borders. Players can bookend their round with a warm-up session on the range and a cooldown at the grill, helped along by a club sandwich, a Gatorade, or a glass of ice water dumped on an overused foot wedge.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Total length of 6,915 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 73.5 from the back tees
- Course slope of 137 from the back tees
- Four sets of tees per hole