Choose from Six Options
- $29.99 for three introductory sword classes ($90 value)
- $79 for one month of unlimited sword classes ($180 value)
- $119 for five Siljun Dobup (iaido) classes with a metal training sword ($300 value)
- $79 for five kendo classes with a shinai bamboo training sword ($185 value)
- $109 for five German longsword classes with a nylon training sword ($250 value)
- $74 for five Armored Combat League classes with a buckler shield ($195 value)
Children as young as 12 are welcome to participate in the three-class introductory package; students must be 16 or older to participate in all other classes. Those who choose kendo classes sport traditional uniforms and protective gear while learning to master the art’s signature bamboo sword, and longsword students pick up skills in body coordination before they practice sparring and test cutting. Siljun Dobup classes focus on drawing and sheathing a katana, as well as executing “the perfect cut”.
The Armored Combat League classes train students to fight in the medieval style practiced by the league’s competitive teams during brawls and duels. Students practice hand-to-hand combat while using armor, small shields, and dulled weapons. Read more here.
Sword Class NYC
As featured in the New York Times, each of Sword Class NYC's instructors have over a decade of experience as a student of the sword, using that knowledge to arm students with practice blades and the self-confidence, focus, and respect to wield them properly. During both group and private classes, instructors teach students various forms of sword and armed martial combat that demand both mental focus and physical endurance. Additionally, Sword Class NYC offers youth classes 4 days a week.