Wine can function as a social lubricant and conversation starter, especially if you slowly fill the room with it. Uncork a good time with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- Sunday, August 25, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Roaring Camp Railroads
- Bid on rare wines, resort getaways, sports tickets, and private dinners in silent and live auctions
- More than 150 wines to sample from more than 40 area wineries
- Food pairings from Birk’s Restaurant, Bruno’s BBQ, and Monterey Chocolate Company
- Wine passports grant special access to participating wineries four Saturdays per year for two years
Santa Cruz Mountains Winegrowers Association
At 2,600 feet up in the Santa Cruz Mountains, one might expect to find sprawling views of the ocean and surrounding forest and not flourishing vineyards. Yet there are more than 70 wineries dappling the hills at various altitudes, privy to the dewy, cooling breezes of the sea and the richness of the rocky soil. The San Francisco Chronicle speaks to their scattered presence, deeming them "less a cohesive wine region than a patchwork of vineyards." Still, this characteristic isolation has resulted in "a perfect laboratory for winemaking not held hostage to fashion"—no one style dominates in this rustic setting.
Pinot noirs and chardonnays populate the western front, and the east yields cabernets, merlots, and zinfandels. The majority of the vineyards are small and family owned—a fact reflected in their meticulously bottled libations and the matching sweaters of their holiday photos—but though they exist in chosen hermitage, many of them welcome visitors to their scenic sites. They host weddings, festivals, and open events such as Pathway to Pinot Paradise, a self-guided tour of the pinot noir hotspots.
80% of 212 customers recommend
“Very well planned event. Roaring Camp was an excellent location for this venue.”
“Well run event, I would go again”
“It was a fun event to go to while staying at a beach house in Santa Cruz. It was any revenue to taste some local wines!”