Choose Between Two Options
- $39 for Rum Aficionado admission for one ($70 value)
- $75 for Rum Aficionado admission for two ($140 value)
- Three-hour session includes snifter, samples, seminars, and access to the afterparty
- Click here to subscribe to the mailing list for more information about this event
Event takes place Saturday, April 30, 2016,12p.m.–11p.m.
MidWest Rum Fest
Before the American Revolution, rum—that most sweet and potent nectar of distilled sugarcane juice—was the most-consumed spirit in the USA. The diehard enthusiasts of The Rum Lab aim to put this liquid joy back on the throne with the 3rd Annual MidWest "Chicago" Rum Fest. Here's what liquor fans, rum aficionados, and sea-shanty singers can expect from the fest:
- The Rums: Each guest receives a complimentary tasting snifter and sample tickets, each valid for a quarter-ounce pour of neat rum or 1.5 ounces of a single cocktail blend.
- The Seminars: Master distiller and blender Richard Seale teaches you how to understand rum, "edu-tainer" Jerald O'Kennard exposes on how the best rums are made and evaluated, and representatives from Rum Diplomatico lead a master class in rum.
- Extra Perks: Admission also includes a food coupon.