What You'll Get
A sushi chef’s skill is determined by how precisely he can slice a fish and roll it up in seaweed while rubbing his belly and patting his head. Watch a master at work with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$21 for dinner for two (up to a $42.85 total value)
- One of the following appetizers: seaweed salad, gyoza, shumai, tempura, or edamame (up to an $8.95 value)
- Two miso soups (a $2 value each)
- Two rolls, makimono, or sushi (up to a $14.95 value each)<p>
$42 for dinner for four (up to an $85.70 total value)
- Two of the following appetizers: seaweed salad, gyoza, shumai, tempura, or edamame (up to an $8.95 value each)
- Four miso soups (a $2 value each)
- Four rolls, makimono, or sushi (up to a $14.95 value each)<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation recommended. Dine-in only. Not valid for lunch menu. Valid only after 3:30 p.m. Valid only for seaweed salad, gyoza, shumai, tempura, or edamame appetizer choices. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Takemura Japanese Restaurant
The sushi chefs at Takemura Japanese Restaurant craft an impressive 48 different maki rolls for their large menu. But there's more to their craft than just rolls. Their minimalistic plates often showcase a range of nigiri—slices of raw fish on a perfect mound of rice—or fresh sashimi that needs no rice in its life to feel worthy of being eaten. Traditional ingredients of spicy tuna and eel abound here, though the chefs also bend more unique sushi ingredients to their will, such as deep-fried pumpkin. When it comes to hot dishes, the dinner menu also tiptoes into other culinary traditions with with Korean barbecue and noodles topped with fried eggs. While the chefs get to work, the waitstaff brings diners wines from around the world, cold beers, and special unfiltered sake.